reliable April bloomers Den. Roy Tokunaga & Pot. Love Passion Island Romance

• Author

Dendrobium Roy Tokunaga and Potinara ‘Lose Passion Island Romance’ bloom for me every April. The former has more flowers every year. Since mine is potted in terra cotta pebbles, it never needs repotting. The latter (which is bareroot in a 3″ hanging net pot) never has more than 1 blooming pseudobulb. In the hope of getting more flowers, I’m going to plunk it into a ring of terra cotta pebbles inside a larger hanging net pot. And this year, for a change, I will try fertilizing it.

Attachments:
    June 12, 2024 at 3:59 pm #14416

Doug,

Thanks for sharing the photos. It’s great that these are steady bloomers for you. Part of the equation for success is finding the right location for a plant with a good amount of light that is just right.

The dendrobium is going great, the flowers are long lasting and relatively easy care. You also brought it to one of our general meetings and it’s even better in person.

Not sure if you have any method or getting light all around the plant to encourage symmetric growth and blooming. You can put a plant on a rotating disk or hang from a swivel.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.